[Asterisk-Users] Stop now, well it doesn't :)

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue Feb 15 12:36:18 MST 2005

On 19:28, Tue 15 Feb 05, Asterisk wrote:
> Ok, this is my third help plea for the day, however it's something that
> has been bugging me for quite some time.
>
> To put it quite simply, "Stop now" doesn't. Neither does "Restart Now"
>
> Well, ok, if I start *, and then "stop now" it does.
>
> However, after a day's calling (2000+ calls from SIP->Zap pri or zap
> pri->sip), it doesn't. The only way to stop * is to kill the
> safe_asterisk, kill -9 the asterisk process and killall -9 mpg123

Hi,

Are there any channels busy? (check with "show channels")
I had this a couple of times too and worked out to be a
resolving issue. My server was unable to resolve FWD.
Also, the safe_asterisk script is meant to keep asterisk
running 24/7, as in, restart * when it goes down.

--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."