[Asterisk-Users] Stop now, well it doesn't :)

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Feb 15 14:20:09 MST 2005

Comments inline:

Michiel van Baak wrote:
> On 19:28, Tue 15 Feb 05, Asterisk wrote:
>
>>Ok, this is my third help plea for the day, however it's something that
>>has been bugging me for quite some time.
>>
>>To put it quite simply, "Stop now" doesn't. Neither does "Restart Now"
>>
>>Well, ok, if I start *, and then "stop now" it does.
>>
>>However, after a day's calling (2000+ calls from SIP->Zap pri or zap
>>pri->sip), it doesn't. The only way to stop * is to kill the
>>safe_asterisk, kill -9 the asterisk process and killall -9 mpg123
>>

> Hi,
>
> Are there any channels busy? (check with "show channels")

Everyone's gone home now. There is no active calls. Yet "Show Channels"
gives:

pbx*CLI> show chaNNELS
         Channel  (Context    Extension    Pri )   State Appl.         Data
   SIP/6028-b1ff  (AgentQ     s            1   )      Up (None)
(None)
   SIP/6011-da2f  (AgentQ     s            1   )      Up (None)
(None)
   SIP/6019-8fe7  (AgentQ     s            1   )      Up (None)
(None)
   SIP/6019-f866  (AgentQ     s            1   )      Up (None)
(None)
   SIP/6010-6bea  (AgentQ     s            1   )      Up (None)
(None)
    SIP/750-2657  (AgentQ     s            1   )      Up (None)
(None)
6 active channel(s)

This is obviously a *bad* thing (tm). What could cause this ?

> I had this a couple of times too and worked out to be a
> resolving issue. My server was unable to resolve FWD.

All of these clients are on the same lan segment as the server.

> Also, the safe_asterisk script is meant to keep asterisk
> running 24/7, as in, restart * when it goes down.

Yeah, I'm aware of the safe_asterisk. That's why I have to kill that
bugger first :)

Julian