[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy on Gentoo 2.6.10 Box

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Mon Feb 14 14:16:29 MST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I read through the list on the issues with the ztdummy driver which I
need for MeetMe, but I seem to have come across a problem that I cannot
seem to find an answer for.

I am running Gentoo 2.6.10 on an Intel box.

I have read the the wiki entries on the ztdummy and followed the
instructions as they relate to the 2.6 kernel.

Everything compiled great, but a modprobe ztdummy returned this:

WARNING: Error inserting zaptel (/lib/modules/2.6.10-gentoo-r6/misc/zaptel.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
WARNING: Error inserting zaptel (/lib/modules/2.6.10-gentoo-r6/misc/zaptel.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting ztdummy (/lib/modules/2.6.10-gentoo-r6/misc/ztdummy.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error running install command for ztdummy

Here is what my dmesg says:

zaptel: Unknown symbol crc_ccitt_table
zaptel: Unknown symbol crc_ccitt_table
ztdummy: Unknown symbol zt_receive
ztdummy: Unknown symbol zt_transmit
ztdummy: Unknown symbol zt_unregister
ztdummy: Unknown symbol zt_register

I DO NOT have any Zaptel devices in my system and I VIed the makefile
and uncommented the ztdummy as instructed.

I guess my question is - what the heck is happeneing. Why is ztdummy
trying to load zaptel which I do not have in my system..?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Internet Services
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."