[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy on Gentoo 2.6.10 Box

Chamberland-Larose, Guillaume guillaume at ea.com
Mon Feb 14 14:55:04 MST 2005

The ztdummy requires zaptel to be loaded. You don't need any zaptel
devices just the kernel module. Get zaptel then follow the instructions
on the wiki @ http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+timer+ztdummy
i.e.:

ztdummy and Kernel 2.6
Recent CVS versions (as of July 2004) also have zaptel modules which
work with 2.6 kernels (type "make linux26" to compile them). The 2.6
version of the ztdummy module is completely different to the 2.4
version. Firstly it does not rely on the USB hardware being there;
instead it uses the PC hardware's clock (which under 2.6 kernels can be
set to generate interrupts at the required precision), so it can be used
on any machine, rather than only those with the right USB hardware.
Effectively the 2.6 version of ztdummy does the same job as zaprtc does
for 2.4 kernels. I have been using ztdummy for 2.6 for a while now, and
have had no problems with it.

To install, simply checkout zaptel from the Asterisk CVS and do the
following:

- cd /usr/src/zaptel

    * READ /usr/src/zaptel/README.udev and follow the steps
    * check modules on: /etc/sysconfig/zaptel> if you have no digium
hardware comment out all modeules except ztdummy.

- make linux26
- modprobe zaptel
- modprobe ztdummy

Cheers,