[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a Protocol Converter from E1 to T1

Manuel Marin Garcia mmg at transtelco.com.mx
Mon Feb 14 13:42:31 MST 2005

I would like to know if I can use Asterisk to convert an E1 circuit to
T1. I have two * boxes and in one location the telco provides me a T1
and at the other location provides me a E1 circuit. I have a TE405P in
each box. I would like to know if I can receive the E1 circuit at span 1
(Configured as E1 with jumper settings) and configure the channels as
dacsrbs to make a DACS to span2 (Configured as T1) and connect span2
with span3 using a cross over cable. And finally match configuration of
span 3 with the remote location span.

If somebody have tried this configuration please give  me your comments.

Regards