[Asterisk-Users] dtmfmode and IAX protocol

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Fri Feb 11 16:21:56 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 14:51 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > There's enough information if he's using FWD's 8XX-gateway for his
> > toll-free calls to UPS, the bank, etc.
>
> No there isn't. We don't know how the Sipura is configured, we don't
> know for sure what the associated sip def's are, we don't know exactly
> what path was used to dial each call (eg, x100p, tdm, fwd), etc. All
> we know is something doesn't work via fwd, but calls via something
> to the bank and fedex work. We do know that fwd-iax wants g711, and if
> that path is being used for all calls, you'd have to guess that
> at least one or two dtmf digits would get through to the destination
> and cause invalid number messages. Since he didn't mention that, its
> highly likely his path to the bank and fedex are different then the
> fwd path.

For example all calls go through Sipura-3000
If I connect to UPS over PSTN line on Sipura box DTMF is working just
fine I can select any option from the menu choices.

Though I think I'm being connected to two different call centers even
though I call the same tall-free number.
If I dial over PSTN line it has different recording then if I dial over
Line1 (on Sipura-3000) and IAX to FWD, recording is different.

But again the same thing is with FedEx I'm connected to two different
call centers I think, but everything works with FedEx.

Calling DHL over IAX and FWD, DTMF doesn't work either but going though
PSTN line on Sipura-3000 works fine.

--
#Joseph