[Asterisk-Users] dtmfmode and IAX protocol

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Feb 11 13:51:16 MST 2005

> There's enough information if he's using FWD's 8XX-gateway for his
> toll-free calls to UPS, the bank, etc.

No there isn't. We don't know how the Sipura is configured, we don't
know for sure what the associated sip def's are, we don't know exactly
what path was used to dial each call (eg, x100p, tdm, fwd), etc. All
we know is something doesn't work via fwd, but calls via something
to the bank and fedex work. We do know that fwd-iax wants g711, and if
that path is being used for all calls, you'd have to guess that
at least one or two dtmf digits would get through to the destination
and cause invalid number messages. Since he didn't mention that, its
highly likely his path to the bank and fedex are different then the
fwd path.