[Asterisk-Users] dtmfmode and IAX protocol

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Feb 11 23:57:57 MST 2005

> > > There's enough information if he's using FWD's 8XX-gateway for his
> > > toll-free calls to UPS, the bank, etc.
> >
> > No there isn't. We don't know how the Sipura is configured, we don't
> > know for sure what the associated sip def's are, we don't know exactly
> > what path was used to dial each call (eg, x100p, tdm, fwd), etc. All
> > we know is something doesn't work via fwd, but calls via something
> > to the bank and fedex work. We do know that fwd-iax wants g711, and if
> > that path is being used for all calls, you'd have to guess that
> > at least one or two dtmf digits would get through to the destination
> > and cause invalid number messages. Since he didn't mention that, its
> > highly likely his path to the bank and fedex are different then the
> > fwd path.
> >

> For example all calls go through Sipura-3000
> If I connect to UPS over PSTN line on Sipura box DTMF is working just
> fine I can select any option from the menu choices.
>
> Though I think I'm being connected to two different call centers even
> though I call the same tall-free number.
> If I dial over PSTN line it has different recording then if I dial over
> Line1 (on Sipura-3000) and IAX to FWD, recording is different.
>
> But again the same thing is with FedEx I'm connected to two different
> call centers I think, but everything works with FedEx.
>
> Calling DHL over IAX and FWD, DTMF doesn't work either but going though
> PSTN line on Sipura-3000 works fine.

Joseph,
The level of detail provided in the above is much better compared to
your previous posts. Now we have a better clue what you're trying to
do.

There are two possibilities for why dtmf is not working the way you'd
like.
1. the dtmf definitions between the spa-3000 and asterisk are not in
   sync. (look at the /usr/src/asterisk/configs/sip.conf.sample file
   for dtmfmode, and try different modes. You might have to stop/start
   asterisk and the spa-3k to force a renotiated mode.)
2. FWD's system might not be configured to correctly handle dtmf over
   iax. (If that is the problem, its likely the issue is their definitions
   between asterisk and whatever they are using for equipment to terminate
   that call. Nothing you can do about that other then see if you can get
   Ed Guy at FWD to help diagnose the problem.)

If you'd care to pass along the 800 numbers for each of those companies
that you are dialing, I can try making the same calls from my system
since I have the same devices available here. That would at least allow
me to run some of the debug and packet tracing tools to help identify
the issue.

Rich