[Asterisk-Users] Searchable Mailing Lists & NooB Question

Daniel Wright dw at wonderwave.net
Fri Feb 11 02:02:56 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:

>Looks like your numbers add the transmit and receive data rates together,
>which is not a realistic way to discuss bandwidth consumption. An IAX
>link consumes about 22kb/s (round it to 30kb/s, who cares) in the transmit
>direction, and another 22kb/s in the receive direction. (There's your
>60kb/s.)

You are right. I was not watching bandwidth directions seperately. I
have a mangle rule that marks all voip traffic, then have it set up
in a queue tree to give it priority.  I was watching the bandwidth for
that individual mangle rule, which is comprised of all transmitted and
received voip connections.
Actual traffic is 32kb/s for GSM, and about 60kb/s for G711.  Thank you
for clearing that up for me.

Dan