[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + ISDN HFC_PCI + Music-on-hold + Soft fax HOWTO

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Feb 10 10:44:48 MST 2005

On 00:30, Wed 09 Feb 05, Remco Barende wrote:
> I can confirm that I have had several instances of my Athlon64 box hanging
> when unloading the modules. I guess these hangs are not strictly smp
> related, maybe just APIC related?

Try recompiling your kernel without PREEMPT and boot with
the extra boot param noapic.
This helped me to get it a lot more stable.
Yet it is still acting weird from time to time. At least
once a day my hfpci cards will stop passing audio in one
way. Either we dont hear the calling party or they dont hear
us. Capi fixes this (I hope, new config is only running for
two days now)
--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."