[Asterisk-Users] More complicated huntgroups / delayed ringing

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Tue Feb 8 13:48:52 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Yes, DialList() was my work-in-progress name already :-) It might be
> possible to merge RetryDial()'s functionality in, but I haven't really
> looked yet. I wasn't planning on working on this seriously for another
> couple of weeks...

Follow me and see if you understand why I think some of RetryDial()'s
functionality would be needed:

DialList(SIP/101[0:60:5,10]&SIP/102[10:60:5,10])

Would produce this...

Device: SIP/101
Delay: 0 seconds
Timeout: 60 seconds
Retry: 10 times
Retry-Delay: 5 seconds

Device: SIP/102
Delay: 10 seconds
Timeout: 60 seconds
Retry: 10 times
Retry-Delay: 5 seconds

Which would in turn produce...

SIP/101 is dialed but is busy
[5 seconds lapses]
SIP/101 is dialed but is busy
[5 seconds lapses]
SIP/101 and SIP/102 are dialed, SIP/101 is busy, SIP/102 is ringing
[5 seconds lapses]
SIP/101 is dialed but is busy, SIP/102 continues to ring
[5 seconds lapses]
SIP/101 is dialed and is ringing, SIP/102 continues to ring
[2 seconds lapses]
SIP/101 answers the call, SIP/102 stops ringing

Or something like that.  It would even be great if the app could - given
the previous flow - detect that SIP/101 was busy on the first try and
immediately start trying SIP/102, skipping the delay.  Did you follow
what I meant by that?

Anyway, I'm dragging this out - maybe move this discussion to mantis as
a feature request?

-Chris