[Asterisk-Users] CallPickup from SIP phone

Paul Dugas paul at dugasenterprises.com
Thu Feb 10 09:29:37 MST 2005

On Thu, February 10, 2005 3:39 am, Rich Adamson said:
>> So I'm having trouble getting call-pickup working.  Got a few different
>> SIP phones (cisco 7940's and SPA-841s) all with pickupgroup=0 in
>> sip.conf.
>
> Yes, it works fine from my 7960.
>
> On the 7960, I pick up ringing calls by pressing *8#. If that does not
> work for you, then ensure you don't have any extensions.conf entries
> that override *8, that all phone def's in sip.conf that you want to
> be able to pickup include something like callgroup=2, and the phone
> def's that you want to use the *8# have the pickupgroup=2.

Should I be dialing "star-eight-pound" or "star-eight" followed by a
callgroup or pickupgroup number?

You suggest setting "pickupgroup" for all the phones.  I've done this
setting the value to 0 thinking that users would be dialing *80 to pickup
ringing calls in group 0.  Where should the "callgroup" settings go?  I
don't have that anywhere.

Seems I'm mixing things up.

Paul

--
Paul A. Dugas                    Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugasenterprises.com        1711 Indian Ridge Drive