[Asterisk-Users] CallPickup from SIP phone

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Feb 10 01:39:25 MST 2005

> So I'm having trouble getting call-pickup working.  Got a few different
> SIP phones (cisco 7940's and SPA-841s) all with pickupgroup=0 in sip.conf.
>  I can't seem to get it working.  This *is* possible from SIP phones,
> right?  Do I need to add anything to my dial-plan?

Yes, it works fine from my 7960.

On the 7960, I pick up ringing calls by pressing *8#. If that does not
work for you, then ensure you don't have any extensions.conf entries
that override *8, that all phone def's in sip.conf that you want to
be able to pickup include something like callgroup=2, and the phone
def's that you want to use the *8# have the pickupgroup=2.