[Asterisk-Users] bristuff and audio drop outs (5 sec and longer)

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Tue Feb 8 15:19:39 MST 2005

Hello Florian,
>>I now experience a lot of drop outs during a conversation. They last 5
>>seconds and more, but eventually the sound comes back (if the other side
>>has not hang up).
>
> Can you tell us wether you are using ISDN or VoIP phones, and if you are
> using VoIP phones, how the network is configured ? What type of
> switches, VLAN settings etc. ?

VoIP phones (Snom) and Grandstream ATA. 100MBit network, 10 workstations
plus 3 X-Rays plus 1 OPG X-Ray (dental practice). Very low network
saturation I assume (havn't tested it)

No VLAN settings, nor QoS. Server is Asterisk only plus CAPI fax
receive. Noname switches.

Server -> Gigabit Switch -> 100 MBit Switch -> ATA
                -> SNOM phone

Single LTSP workstation.

> We see something along these lines sporadically, but we're investigating
> toward the network...

Do you have both HFC cards plus CAPI, or HFC only? Did you have these
problems without the bristuff?
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt