[Asterisk-Users] SIP port blocked in Dubai ?

ht at phonitel.com ht at phonitel.com
Tue Feb 8 02:28:07 MST 2005

Hello,

We had same problem in other african country. We could resolve it through using
IAX Bridge in Asterisk since it only uses one port of yoru choice.

For your solution, you need:

1-) Scan outgoing / incoming open ports by your ISP;

2-) If there remains many open ports, you may still run SIP by changing ports;

3-) Alternately, you need to get IAX bridge working if need be;

It is my understanding the Government considers VoIP illegal since it would
compete with the Government run service in Dubai. This is based on a
conversation with a coworker who was raised there and just returned from a
vacation home. You should check this out to make sure my facts are correct.