[Asterisk-Users] More complicated huntgroups / delayed ringing

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Feb 8 15:06:23 MST 2005

Chris Wade wrote:

> Or something like that.  It would even be great if the app could - given
> the previous flow - detect that SIP/101 was busy on the first try and
> immediately start trying SIP/102, skipping the delay.  Did you follow
> what I meant by that?

Yes, I understood your description, it was well done :-)

I don't think that I would build in any "short circuiting" of the
delays, that's app_queue and/or ICD do for you. This new app is already
complex enough without duplicating that functionality.

I think what you proposed is a good combination... each entry in the
list can have:

- a delay before the first dial is attempted
- a timeout for each attempt to dial that entry (overridden by the
master timeout)
- a number of retries if the entry is busy or does not answer
- an optional delay between retries