[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk FXS & SMDI for Octel access

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Tue Feb 8 07:04:58 MST 2005

Hello:

  I've been wrestling with an integration issue for which there also
seems to be one piece missing. I'm hoping someone on this
list can help.

  Due to a complete lack of cooperation from our current
voice provider we are in need of an alternative way to access our
Octel 350 voicemail system from our SIP (SER) proxy.

  I can redirect and relay calls to numerous destinations via
SER but because the Octel needs an SMDI interface for mailbox
identification I am stuck, none of the solutions thus far support
SMDI-SIP munging.

  I just started thinking about the possibility of using Asterisk
with a few FXS cards to provide the gateway between SIP and
the Octel. The problem is I still need an SMDI channel that is
integrated with the message processing part of the gateway.

  Has anyone look worked or developed any working models
that might help?

Thanks,Steve

--

ISC Network Engineering