[Asterisk-Users] In-band disconnect problem (legacy PBX) - as terisk doesn't hear t he touchtone?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Feb 8 07:13:12 MST 2005

On February 8, 2005 08:44 am, David Brodbeck wrote:
> The sequence I hear on the extension, when I plug in an analog phone, is
> the click of the phone at the other end being hung up, followed immediately
> by a * touchtone.  Then there's silence until I hang up.

Hmm...  I bet it has everything to do with not having 't' or 'T' in the
dialplan -- asterisk is ignoring the tones because it's potentially a
security problem.

At least that's my current working theory -- I am not sure if t/T listen ofr
all DTMF or just #, and I also don't know the direction of your call (PBX ->
* or * -> PBX).

-A.