[Asterisk-Users] Using a Dual WAN Load Balancing Device

Pedro traci.asterisk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 07:16:59 MST 2005

We have a client that wants to bond 2 DSL circuits instead of getting
a T-1 (or similar) at their office to run their VoIP traffic on.  We
came across this Multihomed Gateway (MH200):

http://www.cyberpathinc.com/mh200/details.htm

Does anybody think this would work if installed at the client location
handling NAT for 10 Cisco 7960's and connecting to our public asterisk
server?

My concern (as is others on this list in regards to load balancing) is
what would happen if a call had to be directed out the other WAN port
of the MH200 or if a call were to come in on 1 circuit and it runs out
of bandwidth - how would the call be delivered to the second circuit.
Or even if during a call, the inbound audio is fine (since DSL usually
has more bandwidth on the download), but the outbound audio stream had
to be pushed out the other WAN port.

Hope that all makes sense (I almost confused myself! LOL)

I am not holding my breath that this is a viable solution, but was
just wondering your thoughts.

Thanks!

Pedro