[Asterisk-Users] SPA-841 Call Waiting

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Mon Feb 7 22:24:53 MST 2005

Hi Paul

> GOt a SPC-841 the other day and have it registering properly.
> Can place and recive calls as expected but when on the phone,
> a second call is immediately dumped to "busy" voicemail. Does
> this thing not support call-waiting?
You answered your own post already, but I thought I'd add my £0.02.. or
C$0.02.. or whatever..

I had the exact same frustration this afternoon. I was setting up an 841
remotely. Ext 1 registered to server A, Ext 2 registered to server B. Ext 2
wouldn't take calls, the phone kept returning 486 Busy Here messages.
Finally sussed out that you have to map Line 1 to Ext 1, Line 2 to Ext 2
etc (they were previously all set to Ext 1).. then discovered the same as
you regarding call waiting. There is none! :-|

Seems if you want call waiting you have to have multiple "lines" on the
phone point to each "extension" configured in the web admin thing.

On one hand, it kind of makes sense.. each button is a call/line
appearance, capable of dealing with one call at a time. On the other hand..
it limits the number of registrations you can have, if you want to use call
waiting, unless I'm missing something really obvious?

Maybe something will change in a future software release..

Paul