[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on a single phone line

Job 317 job317 at mailvault.com
Mon Feb 7 18:18:28 MST 2005

See comments inline.

<job317 at mailvault.com> wrote:
> > I have asterisk installed on a linux workstation (1 phone in and 1
phone
> > out jack).
> >
> > I want to configure Asterisk to show me any available data about
any
> > calls (i.e. phone numbers, caller-id) as well as screen unwanted
calls
> > to voice mail.
> >
> > My first question is, what (if any) specific kernel support do I
need? I
> > build my own kernels and I usually turn off telephony and isdn
support.

> > Second, which document(s) discuss configuration of Asterisk for
this
> > purpose?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Job
>

> What hardware do you have to connect your phone and line to your PC?
> use a Digium TD11B and it works well.

It's a Smart/Lucent V.90 56 Kbps Fax/Data modem. I currently have a
phone outed through it by pluging from the wall into the data port and
out of the phone jack to the phone.

# lspci -v
01:08.0 Communication controller: Lucent Microelectronics LT WinModem
        Subsystem: Risq Modular Systems, Inc.: Unknown device 044e
        Flags: fast Back2Back, medium devsel, IRQ 9
        Memory at f4100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled]
[size=256]
        I/O ports at 2400 [disabled] [size=8]
        I/O ports at 2000 [disabled] [size=256]
        Capabilities: [f8] Power Management version 2

> I use custom kernels on Debian too, and I turned off all telephony
> support. Everything you need for a Digium board and Asterisk aren't
in
> the kernel.

Good.