[Asterisk-Users] kphone and *

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Mon Feb 7 18:57:06 MST 2005

I'm having trouble with kphone on our system.

It's using ulaw on an internal network.  No NAT.

I had it working fine with very similar hardware (an old Dell Optiplex GX1)
running as an LTSP terminal.

But then I put the same sound card in an Optiplex G1.  Kphone will answer the
line fine when I call it (call coming from the * machine), but when we try to
get kphone to dial, each GUI button-press takes like 1min to respond.

When calling kphone, dtms tones send fine, but hangup and hold will take >
1min.

In teh * log, I get lots of chan_sip maximum retries errors.  But even with
them, eventually kphone will do what it's supposed to do.

I read in the archives that changing bindaddr from 0.0.0.0 in sip.conf to the
* server's IP address might help.  However, that seemed to be more for NAT
* problems not internal problems.  Kphone isn't traversing a NAT to get to *.
So I doubt that's the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions what I could look into?

It's kphone 4.0.5 and * 1.0.2...

Thanks.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.