[Asterisk-Users] AU caller ID with Sipura SPA-3000

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Fri Feb 4 18:03:29 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 08:28, Eric Bishop wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using a Sipura SPA-3000 as an FXO gateway to bring calls in and
> out of Asterisk. I am using "PSTN Ring Thru Line 1" (on the "PSTN
> Line" tab) so Asterisk answers the call rather than the SPA-3000. It
> is all working perfectly except I can't get the SPA-3000 to pass
> caller ID to Asterisk. It passes "Display Name", "User ID" and any
> "PSTN CID Number Prefix" I have configured.
>
> I have adjusted "PSTN Ring Thru Delay" to 10 as I realise caller ID is
> not presented until the second ring in oz. I have also verified that
> caller ID is enabled on the line (with an analogue LCD handset).
>
> Has any aussie out there had success getting the SPA-3000 to pass
> caller ID to Asterisk?

Not specifically the Sipura, but check that your circuit has caller id
presentation enabled (it is off by default).  Check the wiki about
Australian Caller ID, I posted there the other day.

> The only settings I havn't played with yet is "Caller ID Method" (on
> the Regional tab). It is set to the default of "Bellcore (N.Amer,
> China)" which I beleive is correct.
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."