[Asterisk-Users] External Callforward (Vanity CLI)

magnus magnus at mcomwifi.net
Fri Feb 4 14:30:35 MST 2005

Hello all,
We have been asked if we can forward (for vanity reasons) one number to
another number whilst retaining the original callers Caller ID. For example
caller (ie 02027 xxx xxxx) comes in on ISDN pri, and is then auto forwarded
to 0208 xxx xxxx can the original caller id e.g. 02027 xxx xxxx be presented
to remote site?
We have tried a variety of options, but can not achieve this, checked the
wiki, but we are arriving at the conclusion that this is not possible unless
the carrier allows complete control on setting CLI, currently they only seem
to allow the CLI to be set as one of the DDI number on the PRI. Yet this can
be done when you divert on a GSM handset and if I remember correctly on my
old office definity pabx. Have I missed something? Can asterisk send Qsig
call divert information? Thanks for any and all thoughts - Magnus