[Asterisk-Users] External Callforward (Vanity CLI)

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Fri Feb 4 15:31:21 MST 2005

magnus wrote:
> Hello all,
> We have been asked if we can forward (for vanity reasons) one number to
> another number whilst retaining the original callers Caller ID. For example
> caller (ie 02027 xxx xxxx) comes in on ISDN pri, and is then auto forwarded
> to 0208 xxx xxxx can the original caller id e.g. 02027 xxx xxxx be presented
> to remote site?
> We have tried a variety of options, but can not achieve this, checked the
> wiki, but we are arriving at the conclusion that this is not possible unless
> the carrier allows complete control on setting CLI, currently they only seem
> to allow the CLI to be set as one of the DDI number on the PRI. Yet this can
> be done when you divert on a GSM handset and if I remember correctly on my
> old office definity pabx. Have I missed something? Can asterisk send Qsig
> call divert information? Thanks for any and all thoughts - Magnus

Pick up an account with one of the many SIP/IAX providers that are
asterisk compatible. They generally allow setting of the outbound CallerID.

I have personally tested that this feature works on connect.voicepulse.com.

I just tested iax.cc/sixtel a moment a go and it worked there as well.

Before you Dial, do a SetCallerID().

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/