[Asterisk-Users] A: PRI leading 0 (area access code) or 00 (country access code) missing on incoming callerid

Frank Sautter asterisk at sautter.com
Fri Feb 4 02:20:39 MST 2005

Frank Sautter wrote:
> on our incoming E1-PRI from german telco Arcor the leading 0 for the
> (area access code in europe) and the 00 (country accescode in europe)
> are missing on incoming callerids.
> only prepending a single 0 is not the solution as suggested by some
> writers on this list, because there is no way to differ between national
> and international callerids and it's not possible to make the decission
> based on the length of the presented callerid, as the length of the
> callerid can vary in most countries.
>
> e.g.: i'm getting signalled 4123456789 which could be a call from
> "Barmstedt (Germany)" which has the areacode '4123' or from Switzerland
> which has the countrycode '41'
>
> somehow our ericsson businessphone 250 fromerly connected to the same
> E1-PRI was capable of showing the correct number of leading 0s?!?

the patch i made is now available through CVS-HEAD.

thanks again to peter svensson who gave me the relevant hints where to
look after!

it is now possible to define prefixes in zapata.conf
internationalprefix=00
nationalprefix=0
localprefix=089
privateprefix=0891234
unknownprefix=

is also made the channel restart interval per span configurable
resetinterval=86400

regards
  frank