[Asterisk-Users] RE: Cisco 7960G phone crashes during SIP upgrade

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Thu Feb 3 09:08:08 MST 2005

I can confirm that the Cisco instruction for installing/upgrading to the
7.3 SIP image do not work. When I originally installed SIP on some brand
new phones Cisco TAC indicated that a phone has to run 6.3 before it can
be upgraded to 7.3.

switching between 6.3 SIP and various SCCP images back and forth.

I might try your suggested method to get up to the 7.3 SIP image.
However, it doesn't sound like a hassle free method of loading SIP at all.
I'd much prefer if I could tell the phone via the dhcp server to load from
tftp server x.x.x.x and automatically loads SIP or load from tftp server
y.y.y.y and automatically load SCCP (where x.x.x.x is Asterisk and y.y.y.y
is Cisco CCM).

Adi