[Asterisk-Users] How to forward a call to the same ISDN box ?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Feb 3 04:08:09 MST 2005

Hi!

> Im trying to forward a incoming call from asterisk to a second number (the
> second phone number is located on the same ISDN BOX )
>
> I did try the following on the extensions.conf
>
> exten=>2,1,Dial(capi/720XXX1:720XXX2,18)
>
> It does work if the second number is a phone number located outside of the
> building (lets say a mobile phone number).. But I don't know why I cant
> forward the call if the phone number is on the same ISDN box.

Think a little, and think again... and you'll find that you'd need three
(3) lines for this to work, and you probably only have two (since you
didnt provide any info I assume you have ISDN BRI). Unless you are doing
ECT stuff that is, of course, then it might work.

You have/want:

1 incoming call
+1 redirection = outgoing call
+1 incoming call 2 as result of your redirction
= 3 B-channels

Cheers, Philipp