[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Softphone

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Wed Feb 2 07:56:17 MST 2005

> For all the peoples that wanted to test my windows IAX2
> phone, I've put it up on a server where it can be downloaded.

I like this phone better than any of the others I have tested so far.
Great work.

> The phone can be used mostly with the keyboard :
> All comments (good or bad) are welcome

The only issue I have had with it so far, and it may be a
misconfiguration problem as I am certainly a newb, is that when I dial a
number that sends it over to my POTS line, I get ringing from the
softphone and the POTS line. When to POTS line answers, the softphone
continues to ring.

> http://www.marccharbonneau.com/asterisk/mediaxphone.php

Nice work indeed. I am running it on a laptop under Windows XP w/ SP2
and it is working well. As I stated before the only issue I have had so
far is the ringing issue.

Robert