[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Softphone

Stefan Märkle stefan.maerkle at netpioneer.de
Wed Feb 2 00:35:13 MST 2005

> For all the peoples that wanted to test my windows IAX2
> phone, I've put it up on a server where it can be downloaded.

Wow! That is a nice piece of work especially for a primer version.
My first tests looked very promising: no problems at all ...

> The phone can be used mostly with the keyboard :

I liked that very much. Some Softphones allow dialing but no hangup or no #/* on the keyboard => unuseable with keys only.

> All comments (good or bad) are welcome

I've just one headache with your software: It's another piece of closed source (just as firefly is, and they are a bunch of months ahead of you).

Please consider donating the phone to the community by releasing it under an approved open source license.
You might keep your commercial interests in mind by dual licensing it, so customizations you do for customers of yours won't necessarily fall under the open source license.

I think a whole bunch of developers would be glad to join you in the future development of this client when source is opened, and hey, who never wanted to be the project manager of a successful open source project? ('wave' to mark ;-)

> http://www.marccharbonneau.com/asterisk/mediaxphone.php
As I said: nice piece of work and at the moment the softphone of my choice on W2k instead of firefly or purtel iaxphone I used before.

Have a nice day and greets from Germany

Stefan

--
Stefan Märkle                       Netpioneer GmbH
Leitender Systemarchitekt           Beiertheimer Allee 18