[Asterisk-Users] Odd error.. sip_xmit Bad file descriptor

chouck chouck at 800goquick.com
Tue Feb 1 13:44:25 MST 2005

This machine has run asterisk perfectly fine for the last two months now and someone accidently did a reboot command and for some reason it constantly floods these errors:

Feb  1 15:37:48 WARNING[10090]: chan_sip.c:602 __sip_xmit: sip_xmit of 0x99171dc (len 378) to 216.234.116.184 returned -1: Bad file descriptor

I cannot understand what the problem is, no other changes have been made.  I recompiled asterisk afterwords and nothing changed.  The IP address of 216.234.116.184 is valid and working, and I can ping it from the machine.

Thanks a lot in advance for anyones help in resolving this!

-Chad