[Asterisk-Users] Stay away from Grandstream!

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Wed Dec 28 14:43:52 MST 2005

> Are you saying that we just wasted our money with our recent
> purchase of Grandstream phones?   The last thing I need is
> problems with a phone.   Someone please confirm
are these
> phones unusable?

It seems that different people are getting vastly different results. In my
experience, the GXP-2000s aren't bad phones for the money. Do they compare
favourably with a Cisco 7960? No, but they're under a third of the price.

Generally speaking, our clients are *very* reluctant to spend more than £75
per phone. That puts the GXP-2000 at the right price point. There's nothing
else at that price point that even comes close, at least this side of the
pond. I've tried the SPA-841, Aastra 9133i (more expensive, when you factor
PoE injector into costs), a Swisscom phone, etc.

Regards,

Chris