[Asterisk-Users] SIP ENUM Daemon

Nahid Hossain nahid at stitel.com
Tue Dec 27 04:12:31 MST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to develop a simple but fast application/daemon to take SIP
invites, convert them into ENUM queries, send those queries to an ENUM
server (likely residing on the same hardware as the daemon), get back an
ENUM response and convert that to a SIP 302 (or other 300 level) redirect
response.

Before developing this type of daemon, I just want to make sure about the
expected daemon related to performance. If anyone has already done this type
of work, please give some comments regarding the following performance
issues, whether the following challenges are possible or not in real
scenario.

1.	Daemon responds to an ENUM query in 0.7 milliseconds and answer
16,000 queries per second.
2.	Daemon should add less than 1 millisecond to that roundtrip so a SIP
invite should get a 300 redirect within 1.7 millisecond.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with relevant information. If the
above challenges are not possible in real scenario, then appreciate for any
near numeric figure which are possible to maintain in daemon.

Thanks

Nahid