[Asterisk-Users] Pls. explain what happens...

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Tue Dec 27 01:38:08 MST 2005

On Tue, December 27, 2005 9:26, Mauro Zanin said:
> Hi everybody,
> can anybody explain one thing: say we have 2 SIP phones(or H323) and one
> Asterisk Box on one local network. The phone1 calls phone 2 via Asterisk
> and
> phon3 answers: is the real conversation streaming thru the * box, or it's
> going straigth from one phone to the other?
>
> Regards and Happy New Year.
>
> Mauro

That depends on several factors, but basically:
CanReinvite = no => (*) always inbetween
CanReinvite = yes => If no NAT or other limiting factors (firewalls, etc.)
in place, phones will direct connect, otherwise (*) will handle the flow.

HTH

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch