[Asterisk-Users] Pls. explain what happens...

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Tue Dec 27 01:35:16 MST 2005

Hello Mauro,

Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 9:26:54 AM, you wrote:

MZ> Hi everybody,
MZ> can anybody explain one thing: say we have 2 SIP phones(or H323) and one
MZ> Asterisk Box on one local network. The phone1 calls phone 2 via Asterisk and
MZ> phon3 answers: is the real conversation streaming thru the * box, or it's
MZ> going straigth from one phone to the other?

FOr what I know, It depends:

if you have reinvite set to "yes" in sip.conf, and there is no need of format
transcoding, the audio stream goes directly from phone to phone.

To check that just unplug the ethernet cable from the asterisk server
while having a conversation between 2 phones: call should stay up.

Hope it helps!

--
Best regards,
 Alessio                            mailto:afoc at interconnessioni.it