[Asterisk-Users] How to make Asterisk to generate and terminate calls

Ravi Shankar rbalakri at netd.com
Sun Dec 25 08:45:14 MST 2005

After some search in wiki I was able to do what I wanted. Here is how it is,

The .call file should appear something like this and it has to be placed
in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing of asterisk-1,

Channel: local/3001 at sip ; Any extension can be called using
local/<extension>@<context>
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
Context: sip
Extension: 2001

In asterisk-1 we should have the following entries in extensions.conf file,

[sip]
exten => 3001,1,MyOriginateScript()
exten => 3001,2,Hangup

In asterisk-2 we should have the following entries in extensions.conf file,

[sip]
exten => 2001,1,MyTerminateScript()
exten => 2001,2,Hangup

We can do whatever we want in our MyoriginateScript/MyTerminateScript.
The features provided by asterisk is simply amazing !!! Long live asterisk

cheers,
Ravi