[Asterisk-Users] How to make Asterisk to generate and terminate calls

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Fri Dec 23 07:04:44 MST 2005

This is the "how long is a piece of string" question.

It all depends on the hardware Asterisk sits on, the codecs in use, the
dialtone provider (SIP vs IAX vs T1/E1) etc.

Do a wiki search and you'll find some examples of what folks have found.

As for originate on one and terminat on another; thats doable. Your
phone device will have settings for an outbound proxy. Set this for the
outbound Asterisk server.

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com