[Asterisk-Users] How to make Asterisk to generate and terminate calls

Ravi Shankar rbalakri at netd.com
Fri Dec 23 22:21:45 MST 2005

Shawn,
   Thanks for info that would solve the problem of manually making calls
and connecting the phones at the either ends. But my requirement is
slightly different. I've the following .call file in the
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory of asterisk-1

asterisk-1 ----- SIP ----- asterisk-2

Channel: SIP/3001
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
Context: sip
Extension: 2222

So Asterisk-1 bridges 3001 and 2222 (which is in asterisk-2). Since 2222
is the terminating side I can have an AGI script handle the call and do
whatever I wanted and I don't need a real IP Phone. On the other hand on
the originating side 3001 has to be a real SIP Phone.

My question is on the originating side, can a AGI script answer the call
instead of real IP Phone. This way I can simulate multiple IP Phones
without having them physically available. I know this is not the
intended usage of asterisk but it would serve to test bulk deployments
and find out the capacity of the asterisk without having so many real
phones.

thanks,
Ravi