[Asterisk-Users] how to get the number of an external phone with Asterisk Manager

amaury BOSSE a.bosse at courantmultimedia.fr
Fri Dec 23 06:55:31 MST 2005

Hi list,

I am developing a program to manage communications based on Asterisk Manager and I can't resolve a problem.

I hope someone could help me...

I don't know how to get the number of external phones when I pass an outbound call or when I receive one.

For internal phones, I can parse the channel id to recover phone numbers.

On the other hand, for external phones, I can't recover numbers because the name of the channel doesn't include the phone number.

The name of the channel is SIP/myprovider/2 and doesn't provide the number of the phone I call or who has called me.

I have tried to find a solution but manager events are not the same for inbound and outbound calls.

If someone as resolved this problem, thanks to share your experience.

Amaury BOSSÉ