[Asterisk-Users] What hardware fits my needs?

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Fri Dec 23 05:16:50 MST 2005

4 T's for 100 users? That's almost a line each. Talk about overkill and
expense!

Whatever happened to the 3:1 rule of thumb? That would require 33 lines.
Obviously this would be a little difficult to produce so 2 T's for 48
lines would be what I'd install.

If you have 100 users and they are all on the phone at the same time you
either have a slammin' HellDesk or you have a big discipline problem
within the firm.

I have many customers in the 100+ user range and with the exception of 1
whom runs a HellDesk they all have only 2 T's with no reports of
congestion either in or out.

Could it be you are over scaling things somewhat?

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com