[Asterisk-Users] 3 Phone Call Qualtiy Issues

Martin Joseph mercedes at barknaturalpet.com
Wed Dec 21 00:02:38 MST 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 1:01 PM, Rhonda Herron wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been battling with the following problems for a while and was
> hoping someone could shed some light on the subject.
> I am using AT320 402 IAX2 phones with 1.49 firmware (latest) connected
> to an Asterisk server  running *@home 2.1 (includes Asterisk 1.2 and
> AMP 1.10).
> I am using ulaw codec but will upgrading to g729 within the week. And
> on to the questions:
G.729 definitely helped my call quality across the internet.  Within my
LAN ulaw works great and sounds better.

> 1. During all calls there are periodic 'clicks' that sound as if one
> of the party's have hung up, about every 2 minutes or so.
hmmm,  Is this intermittent?

> 2. When calling, lets say for example Dell tech support, if the user
> is prompted to select a menu option the number they dial is not
> translated and the menu just keeps on going.
I couldn't use inband DTMF with my equipment, I had to use rfc2833,
which is set in both my equipment and the extensions that correspond.
> 3. The time between dialing an outgoing number and actual connection
> is painfully long- is this configurable in Asterisk somewhere?
You might looks for extra waits in your dial plan extension that calls
out?  I don't notice mine being too long, although I hear two different
dial tones at times.  Depends on how your calls are terminated.

> Oh, and my outgoing provider is voipjet and incoming is Teliax.

Teliax has been out for two days here for me, although it's back now...

Marty