[Asterisk-Users] 3 Phone Call Qualtiy Issues

Rhonda Herron rherron at relware.com
Tue Dec 20 14:01:41 MST 2005

Hi,

I have been battling with the following problems for a while and was
hoping someone could shed some light on the subject.
I am using AT320 402 IAX2 phones with 1.49 firmware (latest) connected
to an Asterisk server  running *@home 2.1 (includes Asterisk 1.2 and AMP
1.10).
I am using ulaw codec but will upgrading to g729 within the week. And on
to the questions:

1. During all calls there are periodic 'clicks' that sound as if one of
the party's have hung up, about every 2 minutes or so.

2. When calling, lets say for example Dell tech support, if the user is
prompted to select a menu option the number they dial is not translated
and the menu just keeps on going.

3. The time between dialing an outgoing number and actual connection is
painfully long- is this configurable in Asterisk somewhere?

Oh, and my outgoing provider is voipjet and incoming is Teliax.

Thanks!
-R