[Asterisk-Users] Handytone 486 Outbound problem

Craig Bruenderman craig.bruenderman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:34:01 MST 2005

I've got my Handytone 486 registered fine with SIP. Using an analog phone
attached to it, I can dial 2 digit extensions in the main context just fine.
I have a DID mapped to it from the outside which I can also dial and ring
through to fine. For some reason thoug, a 7 digit or 10 digit dial string
gives back a busy signal to the analog phone.

Asterisk -r makes no mention of any activity when this occurs so it seems
that Asterisk is not even generating the busy signal. Is the Handytone
capable of doing this and if so, why would it be?

I have 20 other Polycom SIP phones configured similarly in the same context
which can all dial 2, 7, and 10 digits just fine. They're all just using
stdexten Macros.

; 7 digit
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Congestion

Could this be a codec problem?

--
Craig Bruenderman