[Asterisk-Users] ALERT_INFO Not Working Upon Upgrade to 1.2.1

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:38:47 MST 2005

On 12/19/05, Nikhil Yogesh Jogia <asterisk at nikhiljogia.com> wrote:

> It turns out the you were right the first time - it needed to be _ALERT_INFO
> not ALERT_INFO. Strange, considering I am using asterisk 1.2.1 downloaded
> from the asterisk home page.

 Putting in _ALERT_INFO as opposed to ALERT_INFO is only going to make
sure that the ALERT_INFO variable is passed on through inheritance
from one channel to the next when the two legs get bridged. So, if
you're setting ALERT_INFO on an inbound call from your peer and then
want that to carry through to your SIP device, then yes, you need to
set _ALERT_INFO. If you're setting ALERT_INFO on the call leg that is
going directly to the device for which you want the distinctive ring,
just setting ALERT_INFO I think should work as well.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/