[Asterisk-Users] nice -n 19 called from shell script through Syst em() gives "Permission Denied"

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Dec 13 16:59:09 MST 2005

On FC2, I execute a shell script as a user: "asterisk" (i.e. non-root) from
System() and it executes, but the commands that the system executes will not
nice 19. Instead, I get "permission denied" and the commands execute anyway,
but as nice 0. Now, it was my understanding that non-root users could nice a
command to a LOWER priority but not to a HIGHER priority, so is this a FC
thing? Or am I just tired today? tia