[Asterisk-Users] format_mp3 & uninstalling mpg123

Gil Kloepfer astr-usr at kloepfer.org
Tue Dec 13 13:25:10 MST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 05:47:47PM -0200, Dov Bigio wrote:
> Actually I did it manually (tar -xvzf)... but I am not sure which files I
> have to delete manually.. is there an explanation somehere? I couldn't find
> it on Google...

If you do a tar -tvzf of the same tar archive, those will be the files
you will need to delete.  Essentially, you'll be uninstalling mpg123
entirely.

> > To actually allow format_mp3 to work you also need to change
> > musiconhold.conf from mode=quietmp3 to mode=files.
>
> This is new for me... I didn't find any information on this "mode"
> parameter... Should it be put under [classes] or [moh_files] in
> musiconhold.conf???

I made a bad assumption that you were running 1.2.*.  If you're
running 1.0, then there are other parameters you'll need to change
but I can't recall what they are right now (and unfortunately I
don't have any of my old config files around to find out).

Sorry about that.

---
Gil Kloepfer
astr-usr at kloepfer.org