[Asterisk-Users] format_mp3 & uninstalling mpg123

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Wed Dec 14 03:16:11 MST 2005

GK> How did you install mpg123?  If you installed it with the package
GK> management system, then use the package management system on your
GK> OS to remove it.  If you installed it manually, you'll need to remove
GK> it manually.

GK> To actually allow format_mp3 to work you also need to change
GK> musiconhold.conf from mode=quietmp3 to mode=files.

Regarding this issue: anyone knows how to setup streaming music on
hold (from webradios) with the new native syntax ?

Previously I was using this as suggested by the wiki:

radiowazee=> mp3:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/pbx/webradio,http://grace.fast-serv.com:9206/

where in the "webradio" dir there was just a dummy mp3 file

I would like to reproduce this using native mp3 ... any idea ?

Tnx !

--
Best regards,
 Alessio                            mailto:afoc at interconnessioni.it