[Asterisk-Users] format_mp3 & uninstalling mpg123

Dov Bigio dovb at terra.com.br
Tue Dec 13 12:47:47 MST 2005

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 05:12:44PM -0200, Dov Bigio wrote:
> > For that, the wiki says "Be sure to remove mpg123 from your system (this
may attribute to 'Request to schedule in the past!?!?!' messages). Now you
are set! "

> > How do I uninstall mpg123?
>
> How did you install mpg123?  If you installed it with the package
> management system, then use the package management system on your
> OS to remove it.  If you installed it manually, you'll need to remove
> it manually.

Actually I did it manually (tar -xvzf)... but I am not sure which files I
have to delete manually.. is there an explanation somehere? I couldn't find
it on Google...

> To actually allow format_mp3 to work you also need to change
> musiconhold.conf from mode=quietmp3 to mode=files.

This is new for me... I didn't find any information on this "mode"
parameter... Should it be put under [classes] or [moh_files] in
musiconhold.conf???

> Hope that helps

Thank you very much!
Dov