[Asterisk-Users] UK ISDN2e with DDI?

John Daragon john at argv.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 10:25:57 MST 2005

Dogers wrote:
> Quoting John Daragon <john at argv.co.uk>:

snip...

>>When you say "ringtones", do you mean "sounds like a UK phone when it
>>rings", or "sounds like a UK phone when we ring someone else" ?
>

> It does actually sound okay when we ring someone else, but when it rings, it has
> the long single american style ring. I've come across a few places that claim
> its built into the Grandstream and I'd have to create and upload a new one..
> but I've also found others that say to edit various config files, which has had
> no effect (indications.conf and zaptel.conf both have the zone as uk.. Theres
> nowhere else it needs to be set, is there?).

Neither zaptel.conf nor indications.conf will change anything on a SIP
phone. You can build and download custom ring tones to later
Grandstreams; see:

   http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Budgetone

and

   http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+grandstream+budgetone

for the description of tools and methods.

jd

John Daragon                                          john at argv.co.uk
argv[0] limited               (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)
Lambs Lawn Cottage,  Staple Fitzpaine,  Taunton,  TA3 5SL,  UK
v +44 (0) 1460 234068   f +44 (0) 1460 234069   m +44 (0) 7836 576127