[Asterisk-Users] UK ISDN2e with DDI?

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Wed Dec 7 10:24:25 MST 2005

The ringtone on your Grandstreams is indeed set in the phone itself. I think
they hold up to 4 ringtones (default, custom 1 2 3) which can be configured
either per "line" or different rings on different caller ID. Grandstream
have a freely available utility to convert PCM ringtones into the necessary
format, so all you need is the ringtone you want in wave file format or
similar and the GS conversion tool.

FWIW, we have a couple of clients configured with ISDN lines without DDI
ranges (i.e. only one number per ISDN) and those work fine with HFC cards
under asterisk + bristuff, and even though they only have one number they do
seem to provide the correct "DDI" to asterisk.

Regards,

Chris